Sunday, March 28, 2010

Movie Review - When in Rome + Ballet class with glossary

Again , some photos from SP most photogenic 2009 photoshoot.




Credits: Kendrick
MuA: Nadiah and *the girl whom I forgotten the name* .



My ballet shoes ((:

Sorry , I am going to make this real short . It's my second time typing this entry . Bloody hell , FUCK off man .

Friday
Mummy came home to bring us out for lunch .

We followed her around when she went to various place for work . Didn't eat dinner as Glutinous Rice ball with bean curd made us feel so full .

I went to see chinese doctor for my injury which I got during IT show . Luckily , it's healing right now . Thank goodness .

Dear came at around 10pm and we bought some cup noodles for dinner . He went home at midnight .

Yesterday
I went out for a fencing meeting with the committee members at town during noon time . We discuss it over lunch time .

Terence and Samuel reached early , so I went around with them before going to fish and co. Rafi and Joey were late . hahaha .

Meeting was boring as usual , but at least it's productive .

After lunch , we went to look for Jojo at the Panasonic roadshow outside Cineleisure . Samuel and Joey got a goodies bag each from the lucky draw .

Both Joey and I got the coupon to redeem yogurt at Frolick . The yogurt ice cream is very nice !

We went home straight after eating our yogurt . I was damn tired so I went home to take a nap while waiting for mummy and dear to come home .

We had our dinner together before going to Tampines mall to catch a movie . Dear was complaining to me that GV took away the NETS machine and he ended up had to pay using credit card .

Seriously , what are those companies thinking about ? They think everyone is capable of owning a credit card ? So inconvenient for people like us .

Anyway , we watched When in Rome . The cinema was filled with people , especially at snacks counter . The queues were long that we were 10 minutes late for the movie .

Luckily the commercial were quite long xD


Overall , I will give a rating of 9 out of 10 . The show is really nice , it filled the place with laughter !

The scene I love the most is when Beth (Kristen Bell) tried to break the vase during her sister's wedding as a traditional custom .

The number of pieces that the vase breaks into = the number of years with happiness the couple will have .

Funny part was regardless how she threw the vase , even hit the pillar, it didn't break . It was until Nick (Josh Duhamel) came to her rescue and broke it .

The other funny part was the translation of Beth's speech by Nick . His poor Italian language really makes it hilarious .

This show is worth the money to watch . It's interesting !

After the movie , we went back home .

My back was aching like hell . It's at the spinal cord there . I wonder what is happening to my back right now...

Today
Mummy bought lunch back home . I ate it and went straight to my ballet class .

The class was interesting . Still , I couldn't do a good Battement Tendu as I tend to move my hips unintentionally !

I learnt quite a number of things , let me share it with my readers (:

Firstly , Feet positions in Ballet .


First position - The dancer stands with feet well rotated in "turn-out" and touching heel to heel, making as nearly a straight alignment as possible.

The knees are also touching with legs straightened. Proper turn-out requires flexibility at the hips and correct posture, and is a fundamental characteristic of classical ballet.

In beginners' classes, most exercises at the barre start from first position.


2nd position - The dancer stands with feet turned out along a straight line as in first position, but with the heels about one foot apart.


3rd position - The dancer's feet are aligned to the turn-out of first position, but with one foot to the front and the heel of the front foot close to the arch of the back foot.

There are two third positions, depending on which foot is in front.

In beginners' classes it is a transition position in the progress to fifth position, or when a dancer is physically incapable of a perfect fifth position (especially in adult beginners' classes).


4th position - Fifth position, but with feet about a foot apart to the front. There are two main fourth positions, depending on which foot is in front.


5th position - The dancer stands with feet turned out as in first position, but the heel of one foot is placed close to the toe of the other foot, so that the legs are crossed more than in third position.

There are two fifth positions, depending on which foot is in front.

Now we go on to arm positions in Ballet.


Bras Bas - both arms are rounded with the fingers almost touching, both hands just in front of the hips.


1st position - maintaining this curved shape, arms are brought up so that the tips of the fingers are in line with the navel.


2nd position - arms are out to the sides, angled down and forward, with palms facing forward. Elbows are slightly lower than the shoulders, and wrists are slightly lower than the elbow.

Demi seconde - This is a position as the title says, demi or half way between first and second position arms. The arms are lifted to about 45 degrees and held away from the body.

3rd position - one arm is in second position, the other is in first position.


4th position - one arm is in first position, the other is rounded and raised above the head. (French method; left picture). one arm is in fifth position and the other in second. (English method; right picture)

*With regards to this , I am not too sure if I am right . I did some research and watched some videos , but they didn't state very clearly .

I learn both of them though (:


5th position - both arms are rounded and held above and slightly forward of the head.

Port de bras - Carriage of the arms. Set movements of the arms from one position to the other.

Reverence - A movement, generally made by the sweep of an arm to acknowledgethe rest of the ensemble cast (corps), the instructor, the choreographer, and/or the orchestra.

Ok , that's all for the ballet glossary . All the photos credit to http://dance.about.com/

After class , I went straight to dear's house . My back still ache like hell . I only felt better after sticking the salonpas on my affect area .

Thank goodness that it works...

I think I must have strained the muscles at the back when I was sleeping , exercising or carrying heavy stuffs . I have never got such thing before .

We went down to Khatib central to buy some food to eat . We saw Yifang and her boyfriend .

It's a good thing that both our boyfriends stay so close to each other . We can meet any time we want as long we visit our boyfriends (:

At night , we rushed to White sands for dinner as dear will be late for booking in if we went to Bedok 85 for dinner .

Ok , that's all for now .

Backache ; 痛いよ。

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails